Re: announce: PPSkit patch for Linux 2.4.2 (pre6)

From: Ulrich Windl (Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 02:12:57 EST

Hi, Cycle Counters,

Linux currently tries to synchronize TSCs for consistent time in SMP
systems. One would not believe what combinations of hardware are tried,
especially for precision timing. Here's a short answer to my asking-
back about a complaint (the kernel is reporting negative time warps).

As any problem, it can be solved with some overhead, but should it be
done?

Replies to me too, as I'm not subscribed, please.

Ulrich