Re: Dell 4300 + megaraid

From: Matt Domsch (Matt_Domsch@Dell.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 17:31:55 EST

> Our Dell 4300, plus raid card, works okay with a 2.2.14
> kernel, which has a version 107 megaraid.o module. This
> is many versions behind the version present in 2.4.3. More
> recent driver modules for the card hand on booting, thus this
> problem report.

Chances are you have downrev firmware on your PERC 2/SC card, and there
should be some messages printed on the console when the megaraid driver
tries to load, telling you to update your firmware, and hangs the system
at that point (else data corruption could ensue).

In any case, please see http://domsch.com/linux for an easy link to recent
firmware, and you should be set.

Thanks,
Matt