Re: 2.4.3 compile error No 4

From: info (5740@mail.ru)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 08:59:23 EST

Срд, 11 Апр 2001 в сообщении на тему "Re: 2.4.3 compile error No 4" Вы написали:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, info wrote:
>
> > OS: Mandrake 6.0RE
> > AMD K6-200 144 M
> > gcc 2.95.2-ipl3mdk
> >
> > # CONFIG_IPX_INTERN is not set
> > # CONFIG_SYSCTL is not set
> > CONFIG_HPFS_FS=y
> >
> > Compiler error message No 4:
>
> this may be a stupid question, but are you doing a 'make clean' after
> changing config parameters?

Maybe it's is a stupid order, but I do this:
1. untar kernel into /usr/src (there was no /linux subdirectory)
 2. copy my own config file (named config-k6) from old 2.4.0 source
tree (compiled and working - now I am on 2.4.0)
3. make xconfig, load configuration from this file and then manually
check all parameters
4 store configuration into new config-k6-1 file
5. press button "Save and exit"
6. make dep
7. make bzImage

When it was the first error, I done:
1.make clean
2. make mrproper
3. then load configuration from my "config-k6-1" file, change
paremeters, store configuration. save and exit, make dep, make
bzImage

Because there was several cases with mistakes, on one step I repead
all procedure - rm -f -R linux/*, then untar source. No effect: error
on the same place.

By the vay.

I put a mistake in my first letter in distributive number:
nor 6.0, but Mandrake 7.0RE with latest updates.

And another thing. When I compiled 2.4.0, there was errors too. I
play with various config parameters and find the combination than
compiled without errors.