Re: Let init know user wants to shutdown

From: John Fremlin (chief@bandits.org)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 09:59:00 EST

 John R Lenton <john@grulic.org.ar> writes:

[...]

> Just today a friend saw my box shutdown via the powerbutton and
> wondered if he coudln't set his up to trigger a different event
> (actually two: he wanted his sister - the guilty party - zapped, and
> a webcam shot of her face to prove it)...

That is in fact possible (given that you have the zapper) on certain
hardware with my pmpolicy patch

        http://john.snoop.dk/programs/linux/offbutton

It uses APM instead of ACPI because ACPI doesn't work on my
computer. I have an updated version of the patch for 2.4.2, but I
haven't got round to uploading it.