Re: Problem: Random paging request errors

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 20:48:54 EST

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Jon Eisenstein wrote:

> (2) Every so often, I get a non-fatal error on my screen about a
> kernel paging request error.

If it's usually the same address, we're probably dealing with
a kernel bug. If you always get different addresses, chances
are your RAM is broken (you can test this with memtest86).

Decoding the oops is always useful, especially if you can find
a pattern after you've decoded a few. And if you don't manage
to find any pattern in them, you know the suspicion lies with
the hardware ...

regards,

Rik

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com.br/