Re: PROBLEM: Linux 2.2.19 system crash with Oops in scsi_do_cmd during

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 06:33:43 EST

> [1.] One line summary of the problem:
>
> Linux 2.2.19 system crash with Oops in scsi_do_cmd during mirror rebuild
> on megaraid

Can you duplicate it without the intel modules being loaded that boot

> Before I attempted to rebuild the mirror set, I got several kernel
> messages like this
> kernel: scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:11, sector 71077808
> This is on a mirrored partition that the megaraid utility verified to be
> flawless.

Thats the scsi driver reporting a failure from the controller. I've seen this
before where the bios said all was fine and there were real problems. What
matters to me more is the rest of the 'scsidisk I/O error' message block
giving the reason why it errored