Re: new aic7xxx driver problems

From: Giuliano Pochini (pochini@shiny.it)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 03:33:49 EST

>>> Can you elaborate on what you had to modify ?
>>
>>I just added AHC_ULTRA to the features of 7850
>>
>>AHC_AIC7850_FE = AHC_SPIOCAP|AHC_AUTOPAUSE|AHC_TARGETMODE|AHC_ULTRA,
>
> What's the PCI id of the card you are using ?

I'm not at home. If I remember right, it reported exactly the ID
of AHC_AIC7850 card, but I have a *PowerDomain* 2930CU (the Macintosh
version of the card) so pci IDs are likely to be different from the PC
version.

>>Plain v6.1.11 hangs. It prints scsi0: blah blah scsi1: sdfdfgsg, I hear the
>>cd spinning up and nothing more.
>
> Did you apply a patch, or upgrade using the tar file? If the latter,
> you're missing some changes to the SCSI layer that make the initial
> bus settle delay implimentation more sane.

:-/ I'll try the patch this night.

Bye.
    Giuliano Pochini ->)|(<- Shiny Network {AS6665} ->)|(<-