Re: [CHECKER] security rules?

From: Chris Evans (chris@scary.beasts.org)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:07:43 EST

Hi Dawson,

Excellent project.

Can I suggest that you check for signedness issues? A typical signature of
a signedness problem is:

int i = get_from_userspace_somehow();
/* Sanity check i */
if (i > MAX_LEN_FOR_I)
  goto bad_bad_out;
/* Bug here!! i can be negative! */

I suspect you find a lot of these sort of errors. I've already nailed a
few.

Cheers
Chris