Re: bizarre TCP behavior

From: Stefan Traby (stefan@hello-penguin.com)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 07:12:08 EST

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:21:42AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Try echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
> If it helps complain to the sites that their firewall is broken.

Not always firewall related.
There are companies like Zyxel that ship broken router
too.

For example the Zyxel 681 SDSL-Router breaks ECN by
stripping 0x80 (ECN Cwnd Reduced) but not 0x40 (ECN Echo)
(TOS bits) on all SYN packets (!).

I complained because of this two times more than a month ago
but they do not even respond.

I do not know if they are unable or just unwilling to fix it;
maybe they just unable to read RFC's.