Re: Fix for Donald Becker's DP83815 network driver (v1.07)

From: Steve Hill (steve@navaho.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 11:30:46 EST

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, RobertoNibali wrote:

> My 2 questions are:
> Is this an acceptable fix for Donald? Because if so, I'd like to submit it
> for the starfire quardboard driver.

I have no idea - I haven't been able to get in touch with him :(
(The fix was urgently required, and this did the job).

> Is there no implication with PCI latencies if multiple such cards
> are loaded? I'm still having problems initializing more then 4
> Quadboards.

Not sure - I've never tried initing more than 3 of the DP83815 cards in a
single machine. (I am using Cobalt Qube 3's, which have 2 DP83815's on
the motherboard, and a single PCI slot which I have installed a DP38315 in
for testing purposes).

--

- Steve Hill System Administrator Email: steve@navaho.co.uk Navaho Technologies Ltd. Tel: +44-870-7034015

... Alcohol and calculus don't mix - Don't drink and derive! ...