linux timer performance ?

From: Praveen Rajendran (rp@sasken.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 15:40:39 EST

hi

I am working on a kernel module which requires the addition of a large
number of kernel timers to expire statistical values ( including time
) maintained in a table.

One alternative would be to use a single timer and traverse the entire
table and use the existing system time to expire the values ( comparing
it with the time already stored in the table )when the timer expires .

Following the method I describe first I would have to add a large number
of timers ( around 2000) ... would this cause any significant
performance drop ? which method should I use ?

thanks in advance

Praveen