Re: Linux 2.4.3-ac10

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 20:27:01 EST

Ion wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:14:32 +0100 (BST), Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > 2.4.3-ac10
> > o Merge Linus 2.4.4pre4
>
> Well, it seems you have backed out my starfire changes when you merged
> Jeff Garzik's changes from 2.4.4pre4. So here's a new version, diff'ed
> against 2.4.3-ac10, which includes all of Jeff's changes from 2.4.3pre[45].
>
> BTW Jeff, do you want me to send these updates to you instead of Alan,
> diff'ed against 2.4.x-pre_latest? Right now we're just wasting each
> other's time by making conflicting changes to different trees.

I should have gotten off my butt and mentioned this... I would prefer a
patch without the 2.2.x compat stuff. So instead of all that compat
code, have
        #include "starfire-2.2.h"
or similar...

And then starfire-2.2.h would only exist on 2.2.x.

--
Jeff Garzik       | "The universe is like a safe to which there is a
Building 1024     |  combination -- but the combination is locked up