Re: [parisc-linux] Re: OK, let's try cleaning up another nit. Is anyone paying attention?

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 16:35:14 EST

David Woodhouse <dwmw2@infradead.org>:
> I'd be very surprised if the number of false positives isn't fairly stable,
> with new ones being introduced at a similar rate to the rate at which old
> ones finally become correct.

Even supposing that's so, a 36% rate of broken symbols is way too high.
It argues that we need to do a thorough housecleaning at least once in
order to get back to an acceptably low stable rate.

The same applies for other kinds of long-lasting low-level pain. [...] The body's response to being jabbed, pierced, and cut is to produce endorphins. [...] So here's my programme for breaking that cycle of dependency on Windows: get left arm tattooed with dragon motif, buy a crate of Jamaican Hot! Pepper Sauce, get nipples pierced. With any luck that will produce enough endorphins to make Windows completely redundant, and I can then upgrade to Linux and get on with things. -- Pieter Hintjens - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/