Crash: XFree86 4.0.3 and Kernel 4.0.3

From: Trever L. Adams (trever_Adams@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 11:40:23 EST

I hate to report this again, I saw some reports that it was fixed with
4.0.3 of XFree86, so I tried XF86 4.0.3 with RedHat 7.1.

Any time it tries to turn the monitor off, it crashes. I get no oopses.
Nothing.

Has anyone figured out why it crashes? How can I fix it besides remove
the power savings option of automatically shutting the monitor off?
BTW, I am running this box with ACPI. It crashes even more if I use
APM. I never could figure that out, but anyway.

Trever Adams