Re: All architecture maintainers: pgd_alloc()

From: Miles Lane (miles@megapathdsl.net)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 23:59:32 EST

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, David S. Miller wrote:

<snip>

> My main point is that for changes like this, sending stuff to Alan
> first is often an ineffective mechanism. If someone were to reply to
> this "Linus is hard to push changes too, or takes too long" my reply
> is "if this is really the problem, should the burdon should be
> entirely placed on Alan's shoulders?"

Perhaps Alan could speak to this.

Alan, could you delegate any of this work? Is it feasible to
have you redirect some portion of the patch analysis and acceptance
load to another person, other than Linus? Obviously, if the rate
of patch flow increases significantly, others will need to get
involved more closely with the patch acceptance process.

        Miles