Kernel make dependancies question

From: Jeff Golds (jgolds@resilience.com)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 19:04:27 EST

Hi folks,

I was looking at linux/drivers/Makefile and noticed that "sound" (among
others) was always put into the kernel whether it was configured on or
not. Is there some reason for this?

Also, in linux/Rules.make, "fastdep:" is making dependancies on
"ALL_SUB_DIRS" which is "subdir-y", "subdir-m", "subdir-n" and
"subdir-", why is this? It makes more sense that it just make
dependancies for "subdir-y" and "subdir-m" as the rest don't matter.

If these types of things are errors, I can make a patchfile, just let me
know what the proper behavior is.

Thanks,

-Jeff

--