Re: Some problems in kernel 2.4.3

From: Mohammad A. Haque (mhaque@haque.net)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 08:45:08 EST

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, [ks_c_5601-1987] ¿À´Ã°ú³»ÀÏ È«¼®¹ü wrote:

> (1) some process is not killed
> I built kernel 2.4.3 in my linux server which works in php+mysql.
> But after a few days, I found that my mysql daemon was not work.
> (But mysql process is seen)
> So I typed like this to kill the mysql process.
>
> kill -9 pid or
> killall -9 -ev mysqld
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql.server stop
> ...... etc....
>
> But I can't kill mysql process with any command.
> So I reboot the system.
> (Unfortunately, this phenomenon is occured very often and
> occured other linux servers that kernel is 2.4.3...)
> Of cource, mysql process is just a sample
> and other process(proftpd, sendmail, etc...)
> is not killed either.
>

> (2) Anyone (even root) can't access some directory.
> A few days ago, I moved the special user's directory and typed "ls -la" to see the
> directory structure. but that command was not work and the process is stopped.
> --- keyboard is not work too.
> (the process is not dead even would kill the process as root)
> so other processes to access the directory were seen in the "ps aux" command.
> and the load average is so high(about 100) even all processes are killed
> except those undead processes.
> and the load average can't down any more before reboot the system.
>
> I think that these two problems are bug in the 2.4.3 .

I've been using 2.4.3 without any problems and I also use php, mysql,
proftpd, apache, etc...

Are you sure you upgraded userland tools to the versions stated in the
changes file?

>From what you're saying it could be problems with your drive or drive
controller or something. Can't say until you provide more information.
What hardware?

--

===================================================================== Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/ mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/ batmanppc@themes.org =====================================================================