Re: Problem with i810_audio driver

From: Tim Wright (timw@splhi.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 10:47:07 EST

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 10:54:35PM -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
[...]
> Both B and C are cases of the whole chip acting flat busted. I would suspect
> that possibly Win2k drivers set this thing up some way that we don't recover
> from.

Hmmmm...
quite possible. It's certainly true that a soft reboot from win2k leaves the
cs42xx stuff screwed on my Thinkpad T20 so it wouldn't be surprising to hear
of issues with other sound chips. I need to get around to dumping the
registers in the good and bad case to determine what on earth it futzed with
and undo it.

Tim

--
Tim Wright - timw@splhi.com or timw@aracnet.com or twright@us.ibm.com
IBM Linux Technology Center, Beaverton, Oregon