Re: hundreds of mount --bind mountpoints?

From: Christoph Rohland (cr@sap.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 02:25:19 EST

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> On the other hand, sockets and shmem are both relatively large...

shmem is only large because the union is large. I introduced the
direct swap array of size SHMEM_NR_DIRECT simply to take advantage of
the union. We can decrease SHMEM_NR_DIRECT very easily. I am thinking
about 1 or 5 which would mean that we allocate an indirect block for
files bigger than 4k or 20k respectively.

The shmem_inode_info would then be 8 or 12 words.

Greetings
                Christoph