RE: About rebuild 2.4.x kernel to support SMP.

From: Yiping Chen (YipingChen@via.com.tw)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 10:36:23 EST

So, I have two question now,
1. how to determine whether your kernel support SMP?
    Somebody taugh me that you can type "uname -r", but it seems not
correct.
2. I remember in 2.2.x, when I rebuild the kernel which support SMP, the
compile
    argument will include -D__SMP__ , but this time, when I rebuild kernel
2.4.2-2 , it didn't appear.
    Why?

Anyway, thanks for Vivek's answer.