Resetting a PCI device

From: dave.fraser@baesystems.com
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 04:52:20 EST

Is there any way of issuing a PCI reset (safely) without rebooting? I am
developing a peripheral device (using a pci card with an FPGA and a plx9080
pci interface), and find that its local bus is prone to hanging up. It
would be nice if I could just reset the entire device via the PCI reset,
without having to go through the hassle of a reboot. Is this wishful
thinking?

- Dave

 Dave Fraser
 Development Engineer