Re: 2.4.3 2.4.4pre8: aic7xxx showstopper bug fails to detect sda

From: Todd M. Roy (troy@holstein.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 08:40:23 EST

Matthias,
  I tried pretty much the same thing, and I also tried your patch.
Unhappily when I access my zip drive using the aic7xxx driver my system
becomes pretty much unresposive, just short of locking up completely.
ie at least the emergency alt-sysrq keys still work.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Justin to come out with the real patch...

-- todd --