isa_read/write not available on ppc - solution suggestions ??

From: mike_phillips@urscorp.com
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 08:52:30 EST

To get the pcmcia ibmtr driver (ibmtr/ibmtr_cs) working on ppc, all the
isa_read/write's have to be changed to regular read/write due to the lack
of the isa_read/write functions for ppc.

So, the question is should I simply:

a) change everything to read/write and friends (the way the driver used to
be before the isa_read/write function were introduced)
b) Put ugly macros in the driver to use the different functions depending
upon architecture.
c) Implement the isa_read/write functions for ppc ?
or d) something completely different I haven't thought of.

Remember, this driver must support isa, pcmcia, mca, ix86 and now ppc.

Personally I'd rather not have arch dependent macros in the driver, but I
know there is a good reason why the isa_read/write functions were
introduced in the first place.

Suggestions ?

Mike
Linux Token Ring Project