Compiling modules for kernel 2.4

From: shreenivasa H V (shreenihv@usa.net)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 13:11:33 EST

Hi,
I am having trouble compiling the modules for kernel 2.4. The compilation
doesn't go through, it just goes into each directory and says "nothing to do"
and comes out. The object files are not created. Has anyone else faced the
same problem? Do I have to do any other setup before doing

make mrproper config dep clean bzImage modules modules_install

I tried the same stuff with with kernel 2.2.16 and the modules compile fine.

thanks,
shreeni.