Re: Possible PCI subsystem bug in 2.4

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:51:01 EST

> at ALL. Which means that Linux thinks that it is free... And Linux will
> place PCI devices there. Even though there certainly is memory there.

Ahah.. that explains the Dell inspiron 8000 cardbus + 256Mb bug as well.

> I'll have to work around the BIOS bug some way. Will you be willing to
> try out patches?

Obvious one is to go to the next power of two clear.

Semi related question: To do I2O properly I need to grab PCI bus space and
'loan' it to the controller when I configure it. Im wondering what the
preferred approach there is.

Alan