Re: X15 alpha release

From: Fabio Riccardi (fabio@chromium.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 13:07:11 EST

Ingo,

I'm really impressed by your feedback! How do you manage to discover so many
things?

I fixed the bug, and checked that it hadn't affected my specweb results.

Indeed specweb never issues closing 1.1 connections, it would use a 1.0
request with close in that case.

Moreover even if a client says that it will close the connection and the
server instead leaves it open, the client would just close the connection
anyway, unless there is a (very contrived) bug in the client which would let
itself be diverted from its original intention by an overly talkative
server...

X15 would be indeed negatively affected by these useless idle open
connections cluttering the file descriptor table and consuming resources for
nothing.

I'll post the corrected version later on today.

BTW: is there any _concise_ document specifying the HTTP protocol and its
variants?

 - Fabio