Re: Athlon possible fixes

From: Zilvinas Valinskas (zvalinskas@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 06 2001 - 12:41:40 EST

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 07:44:19PM +0300, Jussi Laako wrote:
> Seth Goldberg wrote:
> >
> > and rebooted, the system stayed up a lot longer, but it still crashed (I
> > was in Xwindows and the crash was partially written to the log file)
> > after around 3 minutes of work in X.
>
> Hmm, I'm wondering if this could be same bug that I'm seeing with ASUS
> A7V133 & Duron/800 when using IDE autotuning (PDC20265).
>
> Still haven't got any replies suggesting any reason for lockups I'm seeing
> (no oopses). Or is the Promise driver just buggy, because system is solid
> with noautotune. RAID5 (md) on that server is just little bit sluggish with
> ~1.7 MB/s transfer rate... I should have stayed with SCSI disks...

http://www.viahardware.com/

there you should find (if I'm right) somewhere mentioned that you likely
to trash your hard drives or experience random lock ups with KT133a chipset
especially if you use off-board ide controller ... As to why it happens is
beyond me to explain ...

(maybe even this doesn't apply for case).

--
Zilvinas Valinskas