2.4.4, 2.4.5pre1 crashes

From: Jakob Borg (jakob@borg.pp.se)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 16:00:27 EST

Hi,

2.4.3 is the latest kernel that works for me. The symptoms when booting a
later kernel is a clean boot as far as kdm (KDE's xdm replacement). When
logging in there, the system freezes completely about halfway through login.
I can find no messages in the logs, and once /var/log/messages had a few
kilobytes of binary garbage appended to it.

I waited with reporting it because I expected someone else to come up with a
better report than this, but I have seen none.

The system is an SMP system with IDE and SCSI systems and otherwise nothing
fancy or special.

I attach a .config and dmesg-output.

Regards,

//jb