Re: Patch to make ymfpci legacy address 16 bits

From: Pavel Roskin (proski@gnu.org)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 18:43:48 EST

Hi, Jeff!

> Basically the PCI core should implement what PM is necessary, because
> eventually struct pci_driver will become a more generic struct driver.

I just wanted to make sure that you don't expect any problems if we go
this way.

> Why does maestro.c not use my suggestion? Because it doesn't use struct
> pci_driver.

I see. It's not a pure PCI driver. I wonder what happens if some other
driver becomes "impure" e.g. by adding PCMCIA support.

> Why does trident.c not use my suggestion? Only because noone has
> written and tested the patch for it yet :) It uses struct pci_driver
> and should be updated to use ::suspend/resume.

First part (writing the patch) is done:

http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/linux/trident_pm.diff

I only know that it compiles. I have no hardware I can test it on. Please
don't apply until tested!

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin