Riva console frame buffer

From: Sean Swallow (sean@swallow.org)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 20:18:11 EST

List,

Hi... I'm trying to use the riva console frame buffer driver under x86
linux. It works, but not the way I want it to, and I'm having a hard time
finding info about kernel args for the riva frame buffer.

Right now when I bootup it's in 640x480, and I change it to 1024x768 @70Hz
w/ fbset in /etc/rc.local . I would like to give the kernel an arg to
startup in 1024x768; eg video=riva:mode:1024x768-70,ypan,vc:1-8

Is there a way to do this w/ the riva frame buffer? Is there a list of
kernel args for the riva frame buffer?

my hardware:

VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Vanta [NV6] (rev 15)
mag DX700T

kernel 2.4.3ac14 and 2.4.4ac3

thank you,

--