Re: null pointer dereference in ibmtr

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb (bzeeb+linuxkernel@zabbadoz.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 00:29:38 EST

On Thu, 10 May 2001, SodaPop wrote:

> When inserting the ibmtr.o module in any of the 2.4 series kernels, I get a
> null pointer crash. Latest try was 2.4.4. Ksymoops:

Hi,

there is a known issue at least I know for the imbtr_cs after a debugging
session with a friend last weekend.

You might want to try
http://www.linuxtr.net/download/ibmtr-all.2.4.2-ac28.patch.gz
till there is an official patch for 2.4.4.

Due to some changes from 2.4.2 to 2.4.4 patch doesn't apply clean but
it's only few lines in rej-file you will have to fix manually.

Redhat unfortunately included this patch in their 2.4.2 rh7.1 kernel
though it is not in the official kernel confusing people even more.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/