[OT] Re: test -please disregard

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra (vivek@etla.org)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 12:27:49 EST

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> > I have not recived mail from the list for more than a day just a test
>
> I find the logic of these "test - please disregard" emails weird..
> You definitely want list-owners attention, perhaps Postmasters...

I believe the point is to establish whether or not you are receiving mail
from the list, plus maybe get an idea of the post/receive turnaround time.

If you fail to receive your own message after an acceptable [to you]
period of time, _then_ you escalate the situation by hassling the relevant
admins, or sacrificing the appropriate chickens, or whatever.

--
"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?"
"No, I have people to do that for me."