Re: Linux support for Microsoft dynamic disks?

From: mirabilos (eccesys@topmail.de)
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 06:15:41 EST

> Linux needs to understand the LDM database in order to support
dual-boot
> Win2k (or XP) and Linux configurations where there are one or more
dynamic
> disks present in the system and the user wants to access their NTFS
> partitions residing on the dynamic disk(s) from Linux.

I had (on a 2G disk) a NTFS, a FAT and some Linux partitions. It even
refused
to convert to dynamic disk. When it finally did, my Linux partitions
vanished.
You need this support to even be able to use linux on that disk... btw
that
is my largest HDD I have :(
So I now removed that crap, bought a laptop and use static disks. And
installed
some linux.

-mirabilos

--