Re: [Re: Inodes]

From: Blesson Paul (blessonpaul@usa.net)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 02:35:47 EST

Hi J
                  You misunderstood my question. Let take an example.
Let I have a msdos partition. No msdos files has inode numbers, right. Let I
mount that msdos partition. Then what happens, That is my question. Will the
inode numbers are assigned to all msdos files at mounting time itself
Thanks for the reply
                   by
                      Blesson

J Sloan <jjs@mirai.cx> wrote:
Blesson Paul wrote:

> Hi
> This is an another doubt related to VFS. I want to know
> wheather all files are assigned their inode number at the mounting time
itself
> or inodes are assigned to files upon accessing only

er..

inode numbers are assigned at file creation time.

cu

jjs