Re: skb->truesize > sk->rcvbuf == Dropped packets

From: mike_phillips@urscorp.com
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 10:08:06 EST

> > Not to set rcvbuf to ridiculously low values. The best variant is not
> > to touch SO_*BUF options at all.

> Hmmm... I don't see how not touching buffer values can solve his
> problem at all. His MTU is really HUGE, and in this case 300 byte
> packet eats 10k or so space in receive buffer.

> I doubt our buffer size tuning algorithms can cope with this.

Yep, it's no big thing to make the change in the driver, the copy is not
that expensive and compared to the speed of the physical layer its
virtually a non-impact. The most I've ever got out of 16 mbps t/r is just
over 2 mb/second and memory copies can easily keep up with that. (That's
with 8192 byte mtu's and ftp transfers which wouldn't get copied anyway).

Mike