Re: Question about ipip implementation

From: Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 06:15:35 EST

> Yes, I was wrong. But is it possible in similar situation just call
> ip_rcv for the sk_buff?

What does "just call" mean? The additional setup done by the ipip
receiver is the minimum necessary to get the various parameters in the
sk_buff in a clean state (things like making sure all header pointers
are valid, clearing the private options field etc). These are either
done by all network drivers, or are necessary because we use an
existing and already handled (as opposed to newly allocated) sk_buff.

Olaf