Re: Linux kernel programming for beginners

From: Jonathan Corbet (corbet-lk@lwn.net)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 09:27:22 EST

> Does anybody know any nice resource for beginners to try to write
> some device drivers/other interesting stuff ?

<self-serving-stuff>

Well... if you can wait just a little longer, O'Reilly tells me that the
second edition of Linux Device Drivers should hit the shelves on June 28.
We're still working on the right license for the online release - if people
have suggestions, I would be glad to receive them privately.

</self-serving-stuff>

jon (who's glad we didn't tell people how to request major device
      numbers...)

Jonathan Corbet
Executive editor, LWN.net
corbet@lwn.net