Re: Device Numbers, LILO

From: Tim Fletcher (tim@parrswood.manchester.sch.uk)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 15:58:28 EST

> It's in, but for some strange reason you have to ask for it explicitly
> with the "lba32" option.

Because the 32bit bios calls lilo uses in lba32 mode can cause problems
with broken or old bios's hence is defaults to a safe option, and if you
can't boot without it (over 1023 cylinders) then you turn it on at your
own risk.

I know this from the experiance of breaking lilo on my workstation :)

--
   Tim Fletcher - Network manager   .~.
                                    /V\      L   I   N   U   X

Justice is incidental to law and order. -- J. Edgar Hoover