Updates...ide.2.4.5-p1.05132001...FastTrak...CSB5...AMD761

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 14:22:58 EST

What did we do....

First we added two things for the Promise owners.

If you have a FastTrak and you wish to use it in normal mode, we have a
solution now. Place all the drives in "span" with only one drive per
array. This makes each array a single device. This will work; however,
you must set the new Promise Option to enable the HOST regardless.
Do not set this option with Promise's I2O card!

CSB5...erm it is a work in progress but should be fully functional in
24-48 hours.

AMD761 is fully functional upto ATA-66, the ATA-100 feature is not
complete, but will register so...if you board works great, otherwise issue
an hdparm -X68 /dev/hdX to set the HOST into ATA-66 mode.

The dreaded timeout is actively being killed.

The mystery of hot-swap, well see LANANA thread....since there is a freeze
on char-major-10-XXX device points, thus there is a freeeze on this code
coming to Linux. :-(

I hope to have all of this cleaned up and ready for submission for the
pre3/4/5 patch releases.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development