Q: missing or broken mmap().

From: Bohdan Vlasyuk (bohdan@kivc.vstu.vinnica.ua)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 12:21:11 EST

Hi !!

I'm wondering what it may mean - something to be implemented in linux,
of poorly configured system:

---
$ gdb -m dummy -q --batch

warning: mapped symbol tables are not supported on this machine; missing or broken mmap(). ---

When I was reading info, I've seen that "this feature is supported on chosen platforms", however, I was thinking Linux is the Chosen one :-)).

Can anyone explain it ??