Re: CML2 design philosophy heads-up

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@wen-online.de)
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 12:35:07 EST

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Jonathan Morton wrote:

> As for the language CML2 is written in, surely C would work just as well as
> Python if the config-ruleset file is in a known format. GCC is required
> for the kernel to build, I don't see why anything else should be required
> simply to configure it.

Menuconfig is fairly popular, and requires curses.. etc. etc. There isn't
a configurator which doesn't require something more than gcc is there?

OTOH, python here says: Python 1.3 (Dec 19 1995) [GCC 2.7.2]. I didn't
have it built at all during the years prior to 1995, so I'm sure you can
imagine how enthusiastic I am about upgrading that old turd ;-)

        -Mike