Using Parallel Port to Receive Signals

From: antonpoon@hongkong.com
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 23:55:56 EST

I am trying to use the data port of parallel port to receive data, so I set the bit 5 of the control port to enable the bi-directional port, but it doesn't work. My parallel supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode, does it support bi-directional mode? if yes, how can I config it?

I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list in response to my posting. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Anton