Re: VIA's Southbridge bug: Latest (pseudo-)patch

From: Przemyslaw Wegrzyn (czajnik@tower.t16.ds.pwr.wroc.pl)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 11:42:47 EST

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Axel Thimm wrote:

> This are the latest suggestions for handling the VIA Southbridge bug as
> derived from the hardware site www.au-ja.de (Many thanks to doelf).

Sorry - little off-topic. I can't find the clean answer anywhere.
I use KT7A-RAID, with one disc connected to HTP370, and the other to
standard on-board controller.

I've seen comments saying that the bug causes possible corruption of large
files being copied between disks on different IDE channels. Does it hit
the situation when I'm coping files between the disk on, say, ide0 and the
one connected to HPT370 ?
I can't see any article saying what is this bug _in_details_ :(

-=Czaj-nick=-