Re: LANANA: To Pending Device Number Registrants

From: Jonathan Lundell (jlundell@pobox.com)
Date: Sat May 19 2001 - 12:36:14 EST

At 10:42 AM +0200 2001-05-19, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> > Jeff Garzik's ethtool
> > extension at least tells me the PCI bus/dev/fcn, though, and from
>> that I can write a userland mapping function to the physical
>> location.
>
>I don't see how PCI bus/dev/fcn lets you do that.

I know from system documentation, or can figure out once and for all
by experimentation, the correspondence between PCI bus/dev/fcn and
physical locations. Jeff's extension gives me the mapping between
eth# and PCI bus/dev/fcn, which is not otherwise available (outside
the kernel).

--
/Jonathan Lundell.