Re: Background to the argument about CML2 design philosophy

From: Wayne.Brown@altec.com
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 14:05:27 EST

On 05/21/2001 at 12:58:57 esr@thyrsus.com wrote:

>CML2 drops its configuration results in the same place, in the same
>formats, as CML1. So you should in fact be able to type `make menuconfig'
>and `make oldconfig' with good results. Have you actually tried this?

No, I haven't tried it yet. I usually wait for things like this to be included
in Linus' or Alan's kernels before trying them. In this case, I might have
tried it by now but I only have Python 1.5.2 on my system and don't want to
upgrade it until/unless it's absolutely necessary. So I probably won't see CML2
until Linus puts it in 2.5. My comments have been based on your descriptions of
it on lkml.

Wayne