USB crash in all kernels >2.4.3

From: Jakob Borg (jakob@borg.pp.se)
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 15:20:06 EST

Hi,

I have discovered that my previous problem with immediate lockups of all
kernels versioon >2.4.3 is USB and/or sound-related. My computer currently
has onte internal soundcard (awe64) that is not used, and an external USB
D/A. Playing a sound with the internal soundcard (cat whatever >
/dev/sound0) works beautifully, but the same cat to /dev/audio2 (the
external D/A) locks up the system completely without any trace in the logs.

I hope someone has an idea what happened between 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 that could
cause this. The latest kernel I tried is 2.4.5-pre5. dmesg and .config is
attached to this mail.

Cheers,

//jb