Re: [CHECKER] free bugs in 2.4.4 and 2.4.4-ac8

From: Rik van Riel (riel@conectiva.com.br)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 12:59:57 EST

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Dawson Engler wrote:

> Boilerplate disclaimer:
> - this is part of a one-time large batch of errors. In the future,
> we'll send out incremental bug reports along with a pointer to
> the bug database on our website.

Personally, I'd like to see these every month or so, so
the bugs will go away within a month of their introduction.

Ideally, there never should be a large batch of any kind
of automatically checked bugs, except when a new check is
introduced...

OTOH, splitting them up may be a good idea, especially if
the email with the bug in it is CC'd to the person who is
listed in MAINTAINERS as taking care of that part of the
kernel ;)

regards,

Rik

--
Linux MM bugzilla: http://linux-mm.org/bugzilla.shtml

Virtual memory is like a game you can't win; However, without VM there's truly nothing to lose...

http://www.surriel.com/ http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com/