Re: Linux-2.4.5

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 10:03:06 EST

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 11:36:22AM -0300, Rik van Riel wrote:
> On Sat, 26 May 2001, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> > > No Comment(tm) *grin*
> >
> > I'm having lots of fun, thanks.
>
> Now _this_ is tweaking magic limits ;)

Others agreed that the real source of the create_buffers could be just
too few reserved pages in the unused_list, the unused_list is the only
"deadlock avoidance logic" designed to avoid create_buffers to deadlock,
so I really don't see why you don't listen to me and you just assume my
idea is obviously wrong while it obviously isn't. The only thing I can
do is to laugh while reading your illogical "No Comment(tm) *grin*",
if I would take such comment serously I would just ignore the VM and
stay in other subsystem where those funny things never happens as far I
can tell, which I'm not going to do just because of your new funny "No
Comment(tm) *grin*". If for any reason you notice I somehow invite those
things to happen please let me know and I will certainly try to get
better from my part.

Andrea