Re: Please help me fill in the blanks.

From: Ville Herva (vherva@mail.niksula.cs.hut.fi)
Date: Sun May 27 2001 - 12:21:19 EST

> > * Dynamic Memory Resilience
>
> RAM fault tolerance? There was a patch a long time ago which detected
> bad ram, and would mark those memory clusters as unuseable at boot.
> However that is clearly not dynamic.

If you are referring to Badram patch by Rick van Rein
(http://rick.vanrein.org/linux/badram/), it doesn't detect the bad ram,
memtest86 does that part (and does it well) -- you enter then enter the
badram clusters as boot param. But I have to say badram patch works
marvellously (thanks, Rick.) Shame it didn't find its way to standard
kernel.

-- v --

v@iki.fi