RE: [patch]: ide dma timeout retry in pio

From: Christopher B. Liebman (liebman@sponsera.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 15:13:15 EST

I think that this may be an issue with ACPI processor power saving... I
have documented issues with ide DMA timeouts when the processor is put into
the C3 power state. One of the things that happens in this state is that
buss master arbitration is *disabled*..... bus master activity is
*supposed* to transition the system back to a C0 power state. I'll bet
there are some issues with the Linux IDE dma and disabling bus master
arbitration...... ideas? thoughts? patches? ;-)

        -- Chris